Birmingham vs West Midlands conurbation
Proportunity helps home buyers, who don’t have the bank of mum and dad to fall back on, to afford their ideal home. We are a lender offering mortgage boosting loans over and above the value of a main mortgage, so borrowers have a bigger home buying budget. We only lend money against properties which we have identified through our Proportunity data algorithm as being fair- or under-valued. This gives us, and you, confidence in the investment we are making together. Here we outline the top 10 areas to buy in Birmingham and the surrounding areas.
- Birmingham is home to approximately 1 million people
- Another 1 million people lives in the closely neighboring cities and suburbs
- It is common to live in one of these areas and commute to another, for example, live in Solihull and commute to Birmingham
Hidden gems in Birmingham Local Authority District
- We choose the area of Birmingham to be the one covered by the Local Authority District
- Here we’re looking at the purple coloured area in the figure in the previous page
How are areas ranked?
Areas are ranked according to their potential.
The one important thing to note is that the areas are clustered together as opposed to the one we saw in London. So we have introduced a new convention of naming the cluster as the wider-area.
Also these wider-areas make more sense. For example, you can search these area names in Zoopla or Rightmove.
What are the ranks?
We rank the wider areas (or the clusters) as follows:
- Longbridge & Rubery
- Olton Station
- Kings Heath
- Yardley Wood
- Sutton Coldfield
Why Longbridge & Rubery?
- Longbridge regeneration accelerating with next phase to bring 1300 new homes
- One of the biggest regeneration projects with 1billion investment
- 21 Schools with OFSTED outstanding rating within a 5 mile radius
- 20 mins commute to Birmingham
- Plenty of green spaces
Some final comments
One common theme that we see is that most of the areas we pick are sandwiched between Birmingham and Solihull. I think this is significant since the planned High Speed 2 interchange is in Solihull.
Sign up today and start searching for fair valued homes in your area
IN THE PRESS:
Related articles - Hidden gems in Birmingham for home buyers